Friday, October 21, 2016

Transcript/Video: UK Players De’Aaron Fox, Dominique Hawkins and Malik Monk Post 2016 Blue-White Scrimmage Comments



#0 De’Aaron Fox, Freshman, G


On his speed in tonight’s game…
“I usually don’t run until Coach tells me to run. There was one possession where I was walking and Coach yelled, “Go!” and then in two seconds I dunked it. So, as you can see, I usually wait until he tells me. So, learning to use my speed is something that I’m learning to do. “ 

On pushing the pace…
“When I’m pushing the pace, defensive guys on the team just run back to the paint. I feel like if I’m using my No. 1 weapon, my speed, I’m helping the team out.”

On having a coach that pushes for speed…
“It’s a point guard’s dream, but it’s also kind of hard because you have to be in better shape in order to run 100 miles per hour all game. So, it’s kind of tough, but at the same time it’s something that you love to do. Everybody wants to have that type of coach.”

On playing with both Malik Monk and Isaiah Briscoe…
“I’m looking forward to it because I’ve played with Malik all summer since Coach has had the freshmen together, but I wasn’t able to play on the same team as Isaiah much, so I’m excited to play with him. It might be difficult at the beginning because we haven’t really played with each other, but I feel like it will be fun and make it easier for me.”

#25 Dominique Hawkins, Senior, Guard


On where he thinks he is with his offensive game…
“I think I will be able to get a lot of playing time. My performance today went really well. I shot the ball with confidence and attacked the rim.”

On how he feels being injury free…
“Yeah, it definitely feels good not having an injury. Hopefully that, ‘knock on wood’, doesn’t happen this season and I continue to play well.”

On what it’s like to be playing with De’Aaron Fox and Malik Monk…
“I haven’t played as much with them before, but I feel like we play really well together when we are on the court together. As soon as Fox gets the ball you just need to run down the court with him. He is usually faster than people with the ball. With Malik, he is able to make plays just by dancing with the ball, going by people and then pulling up.”

On the three face injuries that have happened in the last week…
“It’s been kind of freak accidents. Elbows are flying everywhere and that happens. People get hit in the face, and usually it doesn’t end up with a cut, but this week it’s been a little more serious.”

#5 Malik Monk, Freshman, G


On practices and how they bring what they learn to the game… 
“Practice is not fun because we’re just trying to kill everybody. We’re trying to kill each other every time, but we just compete out there to make everybody better. Isaiah (Briscoe) and Dom (Hawkins) know what they’ve got to do. They’ve been here for a year. Well, Dom has been here for four years. We’re just feeding off that lead.” 

On what Dominique Fox can do for the team…
“Dom can do the same thing we do, but nobody has been able to see that yet. I think people are going to be surprised.”

On what it’s like to play with De’Aaron…
“It’s great. I don’t have to do everything, like get every loose ball, because De’Aaron can do it. Isaiah (Briscoe) can do it too, but it’s great having him on my side.” 

No comments: