Saturday, November 12, 2016

Transcript: Albany Head Coach Joanna Bernabei-McNamee Post UK 70 vs Albany 46 Comments

Albany Head Coach Joanna Bernabei-McNamee Post UK 70 vs Albany 46 Comments

Opening Statement …
“We didn’t shoot the ball well. (Evelyn) Akhator really took it to us, out-muscled us. Our game plan was to not let her do that. So, I’m not happy with how we didn’t stick to our game plan. I thought that we guarded the 3-point line pretty well tonight. I think we could’ve pushed tempo a little better than what we did. I think we kind of, with having two freshmen point guards, played to the tempo of UK as opposed to playing our tempo. Definitely disappointed with the way we shot the ball. I’m happy with the way we performed on the boards. I thought we really worked hard crashing the boards. I liked the fact that we took some charges, but again, it was a little bit of a disappointing game for us.”

On playing against Kentucky’s style of play…
“I don’t know that that was their style of game, because defensively they packed it in with the two-three. And I don’t know if that’s been their M.O. I believe they get out, deny, one pass away pretty hard, get a lot of ball pressure and hard edge on the screens. So, they didn’t really play their style and that was a pretty good move on their part because we did not shoot the ball well.”

On what went well for Evelyn Akhator…
“She put the ball down with her left hand. We were really jumping to her right hand because of the past. Last year, that’s really where she wanted to go and she’s done a spectacular job developing her game. You can tell she’s put some time in working to have counter plays to her life. So, I thought she did a nice job man-handling us inside.”

On their upcoming game against Miami tomorrow…
“They’re very athletic. They have guards that aren’t just one-dimensional. They’re filled with some guards that can both shoot the 3 and drive. So, that’s going to really challenge us offensively.”

No comments: