Saturday, November 12, 2016

Transcript: UK Hoops Players Evelyn Akhator, Alyssa Rice Post UK Hoops 70 vs Albany 46 Comments

UK Student-Athletes

#13 Evelyn Akhator, F


On knowing she would have a big game…
“It is just felling. I told them that my fouls really got me last night and when they took me out I was devastated and I said ‘they don’t want me to be great.’ Just kidding. But it fit with my teammates feeding me the ball. Last night Epps told me she doesn’t care how many times I get the ball or if I shoot the ball 30 times. She just wants me to go and so I just have to be there for my teammate when things aren’t going well.”

On being perfect at the free throw line…
“Well, it is something I have been working on. I had a bad free throw season last season. I think I was fifty percent and I needed to do much better and so I just need to go. My coaches keep telling me I just need to be calm and love the ball. That is what I did. I just fell in love with the ball.”

On being tough to get rebounds in the paint… 
“Well, it’s definitely going to be worked on and it is tough to get inside. It wasn’t something we were expecting at all. I mean, we had to find the way to rebound the ball when things aren’t going right. I know Rice, she was going and going and Taylor and Epps. Everybody was going and we just have to sink in and rebound the ball and find a way to get the ball.”

#45 Alyssa Rice, C

On being tough to get rebounds in the paint…
“I know we have to work. We haven’t worked a lot on zone or going against the zone and that effects how you box out because you are not necessarily going to be responsible for one person the whole time and it changes in the zone. So, I think they did a good job of crashing the board and that is something that we are going to work on in the future definitely and we will get better at that as the season goes on. We will find out how to box out responsibly at least.”

On getting the kinks out against Miami…
“Well, I dislocated my finger last night so that shook me up a little bit and just getting back into the routine after that. But, it was definitely helpful to get back in the swing of things and being consistent and not having to sit out and get back into the game and stuff like that. So, just being able to get into the flow of the game really helps a lot.”

No comments: