Friday, November 25, 2016

Video/Transcript: UK Players Bam Abedayo, Dominique Hawkins, Mychal Mulder Post UK 111 vs UT Martin 76 Bluegrass Showcase Comments


#3 Bam Abedayo, Freshman, Forward

On having a good offensive explosion tonight…

“Yeah, I’m just working hard and staying in the gym.”

On what the team did well tonight…
“We rebounded the ball. We all locked up, played hard defense, and played together.”

On what the team has learned so far…
“We can always depend on our teammates.”

On the schedule getting harder….
“We’re taking every game, one game at a time. We’re just focusing on us and getting better.”

#25 Dominique Hawkins, Senior, Guard

On if he feels pressured …

“I don’t feel pressured at all. I just need to step my game up, be more aggressive, talk to teammates and try to be a leader on the court.”

On his nine-assist performance …
“I had guys that were open and they knocked down the shots. When I would penetrate, somebody was there ready to shoot the ball. I’ve been handling the ball more this year and have been able to make plays for guys. I feel like that’s why my assist total has been increasing more this year.”

On the offense that Coach Calipari wants them to run …
“I’ve been here for four years, so I know how he likes it. I know all of the plays, and if anybody needs help then I can get them in the right position. I feel like we connect well. We’ve been playing well as a team. Everybody’s getting up shots and passing the ball to each other. Everybody wants to win. Every game we play, we come out at the highest level and try to win the game.”

On Malik Monk overall this season…
“I would say he’s fired up. He’s the most exciting athlete I’ve played with on a team before. I don’t know how he blocked that lob. He just jumped up there, cuffed it and threw it. You see him windmill so lackadaisically. It’s incredible to see a guy like that.”

#11 Mychal Mulder, Senior, Guard

On UK’s second-half performance …

“We get a little bit of a lead, and these teams hang around and play well at Rupp. At some point in the second half, we go on a little run and then we put our foot on the gas from there. That’s always the best part of the game, when the other team has to call timeout. Then we get all excited and we keep pushing forward.” 

On his thoughts about Malik Monk’s play …
“Malik is great. He’s been great a few nights in a row. You see him taking huge strides forward as a basketball player. He’s a great kid, excellent learner, fast learner and really explosive. We all see the way he shoots the ball so it’s exciting to see the direction he’s going as a player.”

On if he’s happy with his improvement …
“Yes, it feels like I’m on the right path. Everyone’s journey is different, and all the steps it has taken to get to this point. I appreciate all of it and we are just moving forward at this point.” 

On what he is working on defensively …
“I’m working on keeping a high hand to make sure nobody can shoot 3s over me. Moving my feet and keeping the guards in front of me is crucial, and I’m working really hard on it.” 

No comments: