Monday, November 28, 2016

Video/Transcript: UK Players De’Aaron Fox, Bam Abedayo Post UK 115 vs Arizona State 69 ~ Atlantis Showcase Comments


De’Aaron Fox

On having the first triple-double since 1988 …
“I didn’t even know that’s how long it’s been, but it felt good. Honestly, it was my most efficient game shooting wise, so that’s what I feel good about.”

On why he thinks he played so well …
“I don’t know. Just came out and did what I did. Prepared for the game the same. I came out and I played well. We got the win and we’re just trying to keep rolling.”

On his rebounding tonight …
“They’ve been telling me to play harder. I’ve been lackadaisical. Like he (Coach Cal) says, I’m always casual. When the ball went up, especially in the first half, I just went to the defensive glass every time. It worked out for me. I got over 10 rebounds – my first game getting over 10 rebounds. I just gotta listen to him and play with more effort. That’s just something I can do on a regular basis.”

On if Coach Cal was trying to get him out of the game once he got 10 assists …
“Yeah, one time I think I split the trap and it was a lob or a layup and the guy didn’t play Bam so I took the layup and he (Coach Cal) kind of looked at me like, ‘Yo, get the last assist so you can get out.’ Guys knew, guys shot some shots, some of them rolled out, but Malik (Monk) made a tough shot at the end and he got my triple-double. My mom told me to tell him thanks.”

On if he knows who Chris Mills is …
“No, I don’t. That was nine years before I was born.”

On the fact that it’s only happened once in UK’s history …
“It’s ridiculous, just how hard it is for guys to get triple-doubles. The players that have come through here for all the years that they won national championships and even the years he’s been here and the players he’s had, it just (shows) how hard it is. I mean, I did it, I can’t do anything but thank my teammates, my coaches and God.”

On what they thought of Monk’s save and pass to Wenyen Gabriel …
“Well whoever threw it, it was a bad pass, but it’s ridiculous. Everyone knows his athleticism. He just keeps showing it.”

On if it’s become hard to believe that this is going to be hard when they’ve had so many blowout wins …
“Not necessarily hard to believe. I mean, we’ve seen teams that are playing. We haven’t played too many guys that’s necessarily ranked teams – but the rankings don’t matter right now, but we haven’t played too many of them. Just coming out, we’re going to play hard no matter who we play against. He always says we’re not playing against other teams, we’re playing against ourselves. If we go out and beat those teams like we’ve been doing then so be it.”

Bam Adebayo 

On having 33 assists on 44 made field goals …
“We just love playing together. We’re like brothers so we’re going to give each other the ball.”

On his fast start …
“Yeah, I came with intensity. I was playing hard, trying to get off to a good start and it worked out for us.”

No comments: