Thursday, January 05, 2017

Transcript: Missouri Head Coach Robin Pingeton Post UK Hoops 64 vs Missouri 62 Comments

Missouri Head Coach Robin Pingeton Post UK Hoops 64 vs Missouri 62 Comments

Opening statement…
“Well certainly a tough game for us but I was proud of the resiliency we had down the stretch. Certainly, that second quarter killed us. I think that offense really dictated our defense and we just played a little bit deflated. If you take that 10 minutes out, I really think that we played a really good ball game.”

On Kentucky’s play in the second quarter…
“Certainly Kentucky is a great team, Matthew does a great job. I really thought they did a really good job of taking away our penetration. We had some good looks early in the second quarter, some opportunities around the basket that we didn’t convert on. I just felt like we got deflated and really missed some shooting opportunities but I think Kentucky really locked us down in the second half and really stopped our dribble penetration.”

On the comeback at the end…
“Yeah that was fun. I was proud of our girls for that, they could have easily quit down 16 with 7 minutes to go but we talk a lot about resiliency in our program and having that fighter’s mentality, really trying to put 40 minutes together as a team and that is just the kind of kids that we have. I was really proud of them for that, they didn’t quit, they stayed the course, we had a chance there down the stretch but that second quarter really killed us.”

On what changed in the second quarter…
“I want to make sure I give credit where it is due. They are a good team with some players that play really hard and I think it was a combination of that. I think it is part on us, we had some looks you have to knock down. We had an uncontested layup in transition and we had a couple more looks around the basket. It just felt like it led to some deflation on the other end and we have to do a better job of playing in the present for 40 minutes. They got some transition buckets there, they got a couple of offensive rebounds so it was a combination of a lot of things but certainly you have to give Kentucky a lot of credit, Matthew has done a great job and they have a really great team.”


No comments: